it all began on October 8, 2019 09:00 AM IST, (or maybe before that 😉).
There were many users using userbots on Telegram, the most popular being @FriendlyTelegram, with their own String customized versions of IMDb.py. So, I thought why not make a real bot? So, I sent the /newbot command to @BotFather, and @betterIMDbOT was born.
I wrote it completely from scratch, unlike the
other legacy inline bots, that I had created in the past 😪, and in this blog post, I attempt to explain how to scrap the IMDb.com
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: it is illegal to scrap IMDb.com, without their permission, and no part of this blog encourages anybody to do what is actually mentioned in this blog post. The contents of this blog post is only for educational purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
how does this bot work?
- it works in any chat. all you need to do is to type @betterIMDbOT in any Telegram chat, and then type the movie / series name, without pressing Send button.
can i customize the output, generated by the bot?
- YES. you can try sending /settings command inside the bot, and select (✅) or un-select(❌), the #TAGS you would like to display in your Telegram message.
- For advanced users, the Telegram bot, even offers greater customizations. Try checking /custom_template_help if you are an advanced 😉 Telegram user.
is the bot open source? Which programming language was used to create this bot?
- the bot is not open-source. But, you can check out the /clone command in the Telegram bot, to create your own clone version of the same bot, but the BOT API Token remains under your control, and not with me 😉.
- all my popular Telegram bots are programmed using PHP. 🥳
have you made any other Telegram bots?